Saturday 29 December 2012

Reality is sinking in!

The Yasathon orphanage that we will visit at the end of my ride

Here is an excerpt from the Hands Across The Water website about the Yasathon home that we will ride into at the end of my ride.  I think the last 3 months has been so full on for me that the reality of what I am about to do finally is sinking in.

Fundraising has been much harder than I imagined and I have the physical tests of the ride to come.  I think all of that will pale into insignificance when the reality of the difference that we are making will finally hit home. 

Yasothon Region

In March 2010 Hands decided to expand their reach and support a new orphanage in the Yasothon region called Suthasinee Noiin Foundation (SNF).  The SNF is a home for 115 children who have been affected by HIV.  The children who live there are either HIV positive or their parents have HIV and have passed away.
SNF is located 530km north of Bangkok.

I found this video very moving

1 comment:

  1. Go Nickie Go!!! You are doing something really fantastic for others in need and I am sure that something really fantastic will also happen to you as a direct result. After all those hours training on the spin bike, I wish you a safe trip all the way. Take care and remember Greg's advice. You are inspirational Nickie - go well. Lawrence

    ReplyDelete